Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra
- DPN is a harmless skin condition affecting up to one to third of blacks.
- It consists of dark small multiple small papules (lumps) on the face.
- DPN is a harmless condition and no treatment is generally indicated unless lesions are cosmetically undesirable.
Treatment options include:
- Snip Excision.
- Cauterization - involves using heat by the electrical probe.
- Cryotherapy - apply liquid nitrogen to the lesions.
- Laser Therapy.
- After removal discoloration and scarring can result.